Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fill my eyes with colours


Patterns patterns patterns. Colours colours colours. Look at this gorgeous old tiles, bursting with worn scraping yet bold colourful shapes. I am so pleased I took my camera to some art exhibitions on Monday, as I found the historic structures and buildings much more interesting and appealing than most of the art works that were held inside.
I promise to post the rest of the tiles and floors photographs, but for now just one will do, to give some background to my recent-more-colourful drawings. aww how much I missed my coloured pencils!
I'm feeling quite uplifted as I got two whole quiet days ahead of me. It is Yom Kippur if it tells you anything…but in general I'm happy to say there will be no cars on the streets today. Nor tomorrow morning. Silence. Long walks and many empty pages in my sketchbook to fill! Lovely.

Have a wonderful Wednesday,
T


11 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Gorgeous!! Have a wonderful couple of days.

Anonymous said...

heeeyyy...
i love the mountan-y one... it reminds me of the bible *i don't believe i just said that*

and the tiles are so hot!!

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Thanks a lot Krissy. Enjoy your week.:)

Rene, are you really talking about the bible? a god-like-mountain? do you picture yourself living there?;)
kisses!

aimee said...

oh my goodness - the sack of tired eyes is outstanding! i love it!

Unknown said...

oh tal, these are incredible, as always. and i can't wait to see more photos of old tile, too-- how intriguing! and your drawings are just too beautiful for words....

please sir said...

So lovely - the colors you pick are stunning.

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Thank you all so much. Your lovely comments make my day...:)

/// said...

I love your feet! :)

●• Thereza said...

Tal, i loooove these drawings! keep them coming. and the colour choice is very soothing. gorgeous :)

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Danke Thereza;) I've been working on some new stuff but didn't have the time to upload...I want to keep them coming. ahh lazy me.
Enjoy your day dear <3

Anonymous said...

I love the sack of tired eyes! What a fantastic idea...