Friday, October 3, 2008

They are all fish but what are we?


This morning turned out to be the warmest and sunniest day we've had since I returned from London. It's hard to wake up and find yourself in a dense room with the slightest wind and fresh hot air rushing through the half open window. The fact I went to bed last 'night' when the birds started their day didn't quite help me to keep my eyelids wide open…but I rushed out of bed right to my working desk (Ok, so I had some tea and cookies first) to continue something I've already started in London. I drew some of them on the plane back home and really felt the need to let it all out. To let what out? Wandering the streets and corners of a larger city always leads to harsh views, of brutality, poverty, loneliness. It all jumps at me at once sometimes.

I saw a beautiful sun shining in the sky, but I knew I had different views in my eyes.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. The imagery is beautiful.

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Thank youuu :)

Unknown said...

wow, i wish i could jump inside your brain. i love these drawings and can't wait to see what happens with them!

Scatterbrain Tal said...

well, I guess once you see some of my drawings and creations you kinda get a chance to have a look 'inside my brain'.:)

Anonymous said...

gooosh TAL!
That's so great... gooosh! i love it!! (it means them)
you SO rule!

●• Thereza said...

wow tal!!! i love these!!

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Reneee great to see your 'face' again! I missed you!!

Thereza, Thank you hon!! The 'lines' drawing reminds you of something? I had that beautiful book you bought on my mind.:)

aimee said...

oh these are stunning, tal! i can just feel the emotion bursting out of them. i especially like the last one.

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Thank you so much Aimee for the lovely comment!

Unknown said...

I love that bottom one, beautiful linework.

please sir said...

More lovely drawings - thanks for sharing!

Scatterbrain Tal said...

Thanks you two. I just love using the tiny lines method.